Mike Speak, BSc CEng MIStructE – Principal
An enthusiastic, dedicated and respected Chartered Structural Engineer, Mike is renowned for his high quality work, integrity and friendly interaction with others – no matter what size of job: from a simple beam to a major project.
Mike’s specialism is the design and assessment of buildings and he has many years’ knowledge, technical expertise and experience with practical problem solving and innovative, cost saving, structural solutions.
He gained a BSc degree in Civil Engineering in 1982 and became a Chartered Engineer and Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers (and member of the Enginering Council) in 1994.
His involvement with various Midlands Civil and Structural Engineering practices developed his skills in:
- Design and detailing structural elements for new schemes and modifications of existing structures.
- Structural and site surveys.
- Detailed design and drawings for varying site projects.
- Provision of schedules of work and specifications.
- Supervision and inspection of construction work on site.
- Management of technical staff and resources on a wide range of projects.
Prior to establishing Mike Speak Associates, his senior roles within the Structural Engineering Industry included:
- Senior Engineer then Project Leader with a Worcester Civil and Structural Engineering practice;
- Principal Engineer when the practice was taken over by a large national Civil and Structural Engineering organisation.
- Associate with a Shropshire Structural Engineering practice, then Manager of their Worcester office.
- Director of a large Midlands Civil, Structural, Highways & Transportation Engineering Consultancy with responsibility for their Worcester office.
Many of Mike’s clients have known him for a long time and have used – and/or recommended – his services regularly over the years.